The Community Assessment Study is used to help identify and prioritize your critical community needs and wants. This study will also give your group the understanding necessary to develop your project scope.
Community Assessment Timeline
● Community Assessments are typically conducted in 2 months.
Community Assessment Services
● Determine assessment criteria and goals.
● Develop assessment plan and schedule.
● Design assessment tools, communication pieces, and surveys necessary to assess community.
Community Needs Approach
● Conduct two community open forum meetings to gather information for assessment analysis.
● Conduct interviews with formal and informal community leaders and donor prospects to evaluate community needs.
● Prepare survey instrument and conduct a direct mailing to determine needs.
Determine Community Needs
● Determine and prioritize community wants and needs.
● Conduct all data coding and tabulation and professional analysis of data.
● Prepare and present final report to the group.
Community Consultants of America